Sunday, 30 January 2011

Stream: James Blake - Album Sampler + "The Wilhelm Scream"

I was reading a piece in the Guardian this morning, about everyone being a critic and asking whether professional criticism is dead. Personally, I love the idea of the democratization of culture, but for the sake of being truly honest, not everyone and their dog trying to be seen as a "tastemaker" or expert. That is why I don't care what anyone else's opinion is on James Blake (and apparently everyone's got one), there's something about the man's music that feels like a protractor being drawn across the inner lining of my heart. In a good way.

*Updated 31.01.10* A lovely new video for "The Wilhelm Scream" video just dropped over at Pitchfork. I don't know if my attention span is akin to that of a fly, if this was a bit of a missed opportunity artistically, if the budget is low (probably because Blake could fart on camera and it would get a million + views at this point), or then again if minimalism is just what he's about and I need to keep my passion for video art to myself. It is lovely, perhaps I am just ungrateful.

His self titled debut album drops on Feb 7th, and is available for pre-order now  [iTunesVinyl]


Related Posts with Thumbnails