Thursday, 23 September 2010

Download: Lizz Wright "Sweeping Through The City"

 Lizz Wright


I'm a firm believer that 'religious' music shouldn't necessarily be alienating to those of other religions or heathens like me. Lizz Wright's beautiful rich voice is welcome in my iTunes regardless of what she's singing about, but I love this song in particular because it's so hopeful. Her new album Fellowship due out on the 28th (title track written by Me’Shell N’Degeocello) is set to be an eclectic mixture covering material from Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, and Gladys Knight, as Wright says “I wanted to do some songs from home and some straight-up gospel, but I also had some other things I want to share that I see as sacred.”

Just in case you need a reminder of her gorgeousness, watch this video...


Related Posts with Thumbnails