Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Video: J. Cole - Who Dat

J. Cole - Who Dat (Directed by BBGUN) from bbgun on Vimeo.

Yeah there's loads of hype about this guy but erm, I love this song. It's a sunny Tuesday afternoon and I want to go to a club right now. Is he the hip hop alternative to Drake whingeing and singing about haters? Is he the more marketable version of what plenty of underground artists have been doing very well for years? Does he have some je ne sais quoi (which to me isn't quite coming through in this video) the money men can smell? All I know is that no one in the past year or so has truly lived up to their internet hype (Drake, Asher Roth, Wale, *Jay Electronica) by delivering a really solid classic album, and I'm crossing my fingers for this guy.

*NB I'm sure Jay Elec will deliver, the question is when...


Related Posts with Thumbnails