Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Trent Reznor Interview: Business Model Innovation in Music

This isn't remotely new, it's an interview from April last year with Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails, but after a lot of conversations I've had recently I feel it's relevant. I realise that a lot of the people who visit this site make music, and if you do, I would highly recommend you watch this.



We're all trying to work out how to make money working in the music industry in future, and the obvious answer seems to be by offering something that can't be bought for free - be that experience, connection, skills, or just being part of something. There's no one size fits all solution but I find Trent Reznors' points really interesting - there aren't many people who have sat on both sides of the fence and tried out as many options as he has.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails