Saturday, 27 February 2010

Events this week...

London is so insanely busy this week, and I thought I'd big up some of the events I'll be trying to make it to - I'm sure there's a lot more going on but I am a human.

Saturday 27th - Some Reindeer thing & Tomorroww w/ IG Culture...

http://www.gg.rhul.ac.uk/MScQS/2007/Flower/reindeer.jpg

I can't quite explain but tonight I'm going to Trinity Buoy Wharf for The Compass series to see an ambisonic narrative poem inspired by the Nord Route - when Sámi herders apparently migrate across arctic tundra with thousands of reindeer every year. All I heard was "audiences will be invited to sit or lie amidst a 12 speaker set-up upon reindeer pelts with lighting and visuals by Yeast Culture invoking the spirit of the arctic tundra, immersing them in a psycho-acoustic experience" - I'm in.

After that if my butt's not too frozen I hope to head down to Market Place for Tomorroww, run by the wonderful Eric Lau, Budgie and Juven where this month's special guests is one of my favourite DJs in the whole world - the legendary IG Culture.

Monday 1st - Polarbear Speaks a film...

Actually that's a big fat lie, it opens on Tuesday March 2nd until the 25th but I can't tell anyone I'm not coming to their event and going to see "Return" instead. In case you don't see the point of Twitter by the way - follow Polarbear, he often makes my day.

Tuesday 2nd - Poejazzi at the Roundhouse

Champions of their field, (well champions of everyone in their field and soon to be champions in their own right), Poejazzi take over the Roundhouse as part of their world domination of 2010 - Year of The Poet.

Wednesday 3rd - Deviation at the C.A.M.P.

Benji B and the crew (big up Zainab for her wonderful piece in the RBMA "Daily Note" on Saving Plastic People), will be trying out the basement of new-ish Shoreditch venue the C.A.M.P. with Skream doing a disco set and the RBMA allstars - oh yes, news on some PMOI events that should be going on there too soon, touch wood!

Thursday 4th - Little Dragon & Jono McCleery + OG Cultures + Statik Selektah & Saigon 

Yes, I will be splitting in to three different people on Thursday, and heading to The Garage for Little Dragon & Jono McCleery (if God could sing...),  Original Cultures at Corbet Place, and Doctors Orders presenting Statik Selektah & Saigon at Madame JoJos. OK I'll probably only end up at Doctors Orders - mainly because I'm so happy DJ Spin Doctor is supporting new hip hop talent in London!

Friday 5th - Taste of Sonar at the Roundhouse

It's sold out so I won't gloat but supposedly MF Doom will be there, alongside Matthew Herbert, Roska & Ryoichi Kurokawa...

Saturday 6th - Jonzi D's The Surgery 

I will be making my own migration south, to The Albany in Deptford, because Jonzi's Surgeries in hip hop theatre are always brilliant and for this one he has some of South Africa's best emcees over as special guests - Gini Grindith, Hymphatic Thabs and Krook’d the Warmonger!


...and on Sunday, I will probably die of exhaustion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails