Saturday, 5 September 2009

Michael Jackson’s 1993 Oprah Winfrey Interview

I came across this interview today and it made me exceptionally sad. I've seen clips but never the whole interview (I was living in Nigeria in '93 & we didn't exactly have Sky). It struck me that MJ had kept silent and not done interviews for 14 years, and a couple of months after this interview was filmed (Feb 1993), the first allegations of child abuse (Evan Chandler & son) began. Watching this just made me wish he'd maintained his silence. I was never clear on the allegations because I don't read tabloids, but when you read the facts and see interviews like this, and the explanations between all of the ridiculous & abhorrent lies told about the man, you'd have to be a very cynical person not to think there was at least a chance he was telling the truth all along. I'm with Phonte on this one.


Related Posts with Thumbnails