Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Koushik - Beep Tape (Free album D/L)

Free album download: Koushik - Beep Tape
BEEP TAPE on Vinyl
BEEP TAPE Free MP3 Download for one week 

I just picked this up over at Stones Throw. If there are prizes for music marketing they should win all of them. A few weeks back I heard about a book that was being given away online for free and was indeed called "Free: The Future of a Radical Price: The Economics of Abundance and Why Zero Pricing Is Changing the Face of Business" by Chris Anderson. The hype and discussion surrounding its message was interesting and I immediately went to download it...when I got to Wired magazine to do so however I discovered that the book was only free for a limited period of 6 weeks, which had expired, and that someone had studiously removed all easy to find download links from the internet. Now I am itching to read this book, and am doubly sure it's worth buying because everyone else who's in the same boat as me feels the same which makes it very very clever, and I have no doubt it's doing exceptionally well. This kind of "loss leader" marketing should work with music too - as long as it's good.


Related Posts with Thumbnails