Sunday, 17 May 2009

McDwele.

I didn't know Dwele literally sold his "soul". I haven't touched McDonalds in 10 years, and although the original reason was their part in the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by using cheap Brasilian beef - this advert just ensures me I made the right decision. It's the weirdest & most hilarious (un/)intentional? pastiche of the neo-soul scene I've ever seen, with Dwele reduced to a chariacture of a cheesy neo-soul singer.
I've seen Dwele at the Jazz Cafe twice, so I know he has a loyal army of followers here but after this, how can anyone take him seriously when the jingle below sounds exactly the same as his albums? No longer can you be sure that he is singing A.N.G.E.L. just for you, the man could just as easily be thinking about his Egg McMuffin.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails