Saturday, 28 March 2009

Faze vs 2Face Idibia

Now I don't know how up on Naija pop you are, but I'm definitely not an aficionado. I was intrigued to see that Faze (one third of the legendary but defunct group Plantashun Boyz) has just released the first single "Originality", from his third solo album , and I thought I'd run it past you guys to see what you think...

His fan site claims he has sold 6 million+ albums so far, but keeping track of numbers of anything with any certainty in Nigeria in my experience isn't exactly easy. You're more likely to have heard of Faze's former group member 2Face Idibia, from "African Queen" fame. I wasn't feeling his latest release "Enter The Place" from January, which was on a promo CD that had some promo problems apparently...his third studio album should be out this year.

I think it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out & who ends up as the true King - obviously 2Face has won lots of awards and worked with international artists (I mean, that video was shot in London), but his recent stuff seems to have lost it's way and cheesy charm to me. I have to say, I prefer one of 2Face's major early hits "Ole" to both of the tunes above. Particularly the video...keep it Naija.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, thanks for introducing me to those artist. V. interesting. Loving your blog too.




Related Posts with Thumbnails