Monday, 15 December 2008

TONY ALLEN + HYPNOTIC BRASS ENSEMBLE - CARGO 29TH JAN = GIG OF THE YEAR 09

I'm trying to calm down after seeing this gig appear on Cargo's website - huge props to Karen P for putting this together. If you know me you know that I'm one of HBEs biggest fans - click here to check out a video & my take on their gig at the ICA this July, one of the high points of my life. To be honest I don't know if anything could top that experience, so many things came together at once to make it incredible, but the missing element from last time (my sister) will be there this time. Not to mention - TONY ALLEN!!! If you're reading this blog you know who he is. The only time I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform live was at The Good, The Bad and The Queen's first performance at the Roundhouse and I can't wait to see what happens at the gig in January. I'll be there the second the doors open holding my spot at the front - come find me.
Here's why:

*This song, Sankofa is taken from Tony Allens' Losun. It's also that amazing tune Alexander Nut often plays when DJing and everyone asks me "who's this again?!" - come shock out with me to this in the dark tomorrow night.

This is a clip of them performing Brass In Africa (re-work of the Shaft in Africa theme tune!)


Here they are in Lagos, Nigeria (me & Tony Allens' endz) as part of Africa Express...



Little treat, for those of you who feel the way I do about Outkasts' Spottiottiedopalicious click right here to see HBE do the chorus...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails