Sunday, 21 December 2008

I am Clutchy Hopkins!

OK, no I'm not, but how would you have known if I hadn't told you?! The enigma that is Clutchy Hopkins apparently lives in the Mojave Desert and studied with yoga masters, Zen Monks and Nigerian Freedom Fighters (perhaps these contacts are the reason he's now keeping a low profile?*), etc etc. Others believe this is just yet another one of Madlibs' aliases, or perhaps DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist or the Beastie Boys.
I have my own theory. I think it's Swizz Beatz, Rick Rubin or Scott Storch. One too many backpackers slagged them off online and they decided to play them at their own game - thus Clutchy Hopkins was born. Why do you think MF Doom really wears a mask? Because it's actually Jermaine Dupri under there! He sent out one of Dem Franchize Boyz as him to help him out when he was having a hard time with Janet and everybody got upset, saying he was a fraud.
OK I'm talking complete and utter crap but it'd be so funny if it were true...Whoever he is, Clutchys' music is great.

3:02 - Clutchy Hopkins


*I am Nigerian so I can make those jokes. En hen.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmm.. i always assumed it was Madlib.

    but then i've never heard any of his work.

    what should I check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyone who ever thought clutchy hopkins was madlib has apparently never listened to madlib's music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Idolator, Gorilla vs Bear and Okayplayer have apparently never listened to Madlibs' music?
    Wow, they really need to catch up - you tell them oh brave anonymous music warrior!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails