Monday, 10 November 2008

HEADS TALKING

The best thing about Saturday nights, favourite selectas and music all combined is waking up on Sunday morning. The Best thing about living in a block with all old ladies is that no one complaines when my lounge turns into Plastic People for 2 hours. As I watch my son loose his innocence every day of his perfect little life, I know that the Sunday morning moments we share (whilst I drink coffee) dancing around, will never die. We danced with Theo and Walked through the sky We went on a Talking Heads trip too. He liked the sounds, I'm talking about full star jumps here. I felt that the lyrics in 'America is waiting' were so poignant:

America is waiting for a message of some sort or another.
Takin it again. again! again! takin it again.
Well now... no, no... now, we ought to be mad at the government not mad at the people.
Takin it again. again! again! takin it again.
I mean, yeah, well... wha-whatre ya gonna do?
America is waiting for a message of some sort or another.
No will whatsoever. no will whatsoever! absolutely no honor.No will whatsoever. no will whatsoever! absolutely no integrity.
No will whatsoever. no will whatsoever!
I havent seen any any any citizen over there stand up and say hey, just a second.No will whatsoever. no will whatsoever! I mean, yeah, so... wha-whatre ya gonna do?America is waiting for a message of some sort or another.

It sems like thats all changed now. Last night I was hanging out with my good freind the BCC IPLAYER. I noticed that Brian Eno was on the show (coincidence, i know) alongside Jack Straw and Bonnie Greer. Wicked show. The points that Greer makes are great. Will she ever age?
The highlight was Jack Straw lost for words after Eno killed him. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fd16s

1 comment:

  1. BBC iplayer rules. I don't have a TV but I have the lurgy so my brain is mush right now & I can't just work all the time as normal, and the Imagine Jay Z special was a treat. Yentob seemed suitably awe struck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails