Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Chris 'Daddy' Dave & the Texas Hip Hop Movement

Had the pleasure of catching Robert Glasper ft Chris 'Daddy' Dave last night at Cargo last night. Words can't really describe how sick they were which leads me on to Mr Dave. There is a lot of info on Robert Glasper already with his album 'In my Element' (which is an essential for any music lover) so I thought I would highlight Chris Dave and his music. Chris is known for his incredible drum work, playing for the likes of Mint Condition, Meshell Ndegeocello, Robert Glasper, Mos Def, Bilal, Erykah Badu and many more. However the man is as you expect a dope hip hop producer too. He is part of the a group called 'The Foundation' and also produces for fellow texan mc's Kay and D.Rose. Here's a link to one of many video's of Chris tearing it up! For more info check the links at the bottom. Hope you enjoy his music as much as I do!



Chris Dave & Friends Live in NYC


Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails