Saturday, 27 September 2008

I diiiid it!

I DJ'd. In public. Not properly, there were no decks thankfully, but I've just gotten home from my good friend Tanya's 30th bday party where I made my debut, haha. I have far too much respect for DJs who've learned their craft, invested in music & equipment, and actually know what they're doing to call myself one. I did have a great time though - I think I played for about 4.5 hours with a half hour break!

Lessons learned:

1. Don't get all confused by the requests of randomers for avante garde Shoreditch music you've never heard of or cheesy rubbish - play what you like.
2. Don't assume the young heads will know an old tune you think is legendary. See below.
3. Don't let drunk people touch anything - you, your laptop, or each other when they're dancing nearby.

Favourite overheard quote of the evening:
Q: Oh my god where did you get her I want one?!
A: I don't know, Facebook!

Hold tight Maliha, Fidel & Carina for being dance floor heaters. Hold tight Tanya for throwing the best parties since parties began.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah providing people aren't throwing objects at you and full on booing, play whatever YOU like! Fuck 'em!

    No matter how tight you think your selections are, there'll always be one twat that asks for something truly awful and calls your selection crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big love sent right back at ya,
    Amazing seeing how drunk people dance to Flying Lotus!

    *salutes*
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "3. Don't let drunk people touch anything - you, your laptop, or each other when they're dancing nearby. "
    i fully endorse this.
    yes T-Bird! both my liver and my soul are still trying to recover...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails