Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Give the drummer some

I've had the new Black Milk tune Give the Drummer Some on repeat for days and days now - I'll put the link up for a limited time.

Whilst we're on the subject though - I just wanted to share some footage of awesome female drummers with you just in case you hadn't seen...

Chaka Khan - I can't help but watch this with a sharp intake of breath as she walks up (my brain saying 'no pressure love'!). I love Chaka Khan - she can do no wrong. Here's proof.


This one I find a little hard to watch. The incredibly talented and full of life Karen Carpenter - pitch perfect voice but considered herself 'a drummer who sang'. This was filmed 7 years before she died of anorexia nervosa - age 32. Thanks to Eric for the tip off on this one.


Lastly - it had to be. The legendary Sheila E!

3 comments:

  1. yeah...black milk is that [racial epithet].

    shit cranks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, well, well. phenomenal stuff. think ms. carpenter is my fave - her hair didn't even bounce. how awesome are they? thanks Amelia.

    um...i need that song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chaka. Shes the one.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NqzIArLPDDA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails