Saturday, 2 August 2008

Yanga girl


I was making a mix CD with all the amazing deepness I've stumbled across or been sent lately, and it ended up getting way too long and quite African so I decided to split them in two. I've never been a true connoisseur of African music to be honest but I thought I'd share some of my favourites from the last couple of years...luckily for you I don't DJ so this is not mixed, just click the pic or this link to download it.
En hen.

*If you don't understand the name to 'make yanga' is to show off, and 'banga soup' is one of the most popular dishes in West Africa.
Nigerian Pidgin English Dictionary
African recipes


  1. Hey, thanks to the loads of people who seem to be downloading this - feel free to leave feedback on here!

  2. real dope mix... Hypnotic Brass Ensemble is dope!!!

  3. canne d/l your mix so if you could bring me a copy on cd for my birthday present i would love that! also check the frist couple of tracks on this mix by j-rocc, i think one is fela but don't know the others...



Related Posts with Thumbnails