Saturday, 14 June 2008

I'll sleep when winter comes. This summer's going to be crazy.

I'm about to just splurge all over this page.

Here's what I'm listening to right now - download & dance round your room with me.

Cody Chestnutt (yes, he's back and I'll bet he still looks good in leather). AfrObama!

New Busta Rhymes - Why you breathin like that? (I can't help but shake it to this)

Old Lupe Fiasco ft Gemini, prod. by Boogz - Gangsta's Groove. (It sounds dated but it is so I'm with it. I actually prefer Lupe's old flow, gives me that 'uh!' face.

OK, random stuff I have to tell you about that's coming up:

I'm skint but seriously considering saying fuck it and going to the Worldwide Festival 3-5th July in the south of France. Gilles is a badman. Cinematic Orchestra, Laurent Garnier, Madlib, Sebastien Tellier, Pascal Comelade, Breakestra, Henrik Schwarz, Benga, zero dB, Pilooski, Little are £75 aka rien, is anyone else down?!

If you missed it at the Manchester Festival last year Monkey: Journey to the West, the brainchild of Chen Shi-Zheng, Damon Albarn & Jamie Hewlett has just gone on sale at the Royal Opera House.

I hope you've put in your competition entry for free tickets to the Itunes festival in July. I'm going to in a sec but can't decide between Chaka Khan & Jamie Lidell?!

Date for your diary - free 50 year celebration of Bossa Nova Festival happening on the Southbank Sunday 6th July 1-7pm headlined by Nouvelle Vague.

2 must see gigs at the Roundhouse this summer:

Soil & Pimp Sessions
14th July

Jose James with back up from Eska
6th August

I wasn't going to go to Big Chill, but they keep adding to the line up & it's killing me. In no particular order: Roisin Murphy, Random Dance, Orchestra Baobab, Still Black Still Proud Tribute to James Brown (inc. Manu Dibango, Cheikh Lo & Tony Allen), Heritage Orchestra, Matthew Herbert Big Band, Little Dragon, Benga, Flying Lotus, Roots Manuva & MK, Benji B, Daedelus, DJ Vadim, Nitin Sawhney, Lemn Sissay, The Light Surgeons and Ty. I think I might have to - anyone?

Who's up for Hip Hop Kemp 22-24 August? I heard a couple of decent people are playing, you know, like the Roots.

I'm going to have to sell some organs to do all of this but it'll be worth it. Add to the list people - if you know about something amazing we can't miss let us know! See you at Brainfeeder tomorrow (well, today since I'm typing late).


Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails