Thursday, 5 June 2008

1989. CLASSIC.

The sandwich shop I went to for lunch made my day today - they were playing the Mac Band Roses are Red from 1989 - so much amazing RnB pop came out that year. I'm going to post my highlights right here and I don't care if you judge me - I'm still dancing around my room to all of it.

The Mac Band, Roses are Red - 4 brothers, and a very lost modern dancer.

Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted Snake. Fit.

Bobby Brown - My Prerogative. You can't tell me what do - I'm a smoke this crack if I want tooooo...oh!

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance. First rap I ever learned. Still know it.

Come on girls! Do you believe in love? Well I've got something to say about it - and it goes a little somethin' like this... (*this should have been on the sex in the city soundtrack not bloody Fergalicious)

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation. I have not words.

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal. Not the official video - the section from Moonwalker. If you don't still have scars from trying to do the lean you need to get some.

*no greater proof that competition breeds champions.

OK I have dances to go and re-learn.


  1. classic indeed and not just for rnb pop

    1989 the number another summer (get down)
    Sound of the funky drummer
    Music hittin' your heart cause I know you got sould
    (Brothers and sisters, hey)
    Listen if you're missin' y'all
    Swingin' while I'm singin'
    Givin' whatcha gettin'
    Knowin' what I know
    While the Black bands sweatin'
    And the rhythm rhymes rollin'
    Got to give us what we want
    Gotta give us what we need
    Our freedom of speech is freedom or death
    We got to fight the powers that be
    Lemme hear you say

    Fight the power

  2. Oh Lady A you made my day, every single one is still pure gold

    "Whats he like...whats he like anyway...hehehe!"



Related Posts with Thumbnails